Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Rally on Boston Common

So even though it's been a week since the death of Osama bin Laden and it's old news by now, I thought I would share some photos of the rally on Boston Common celebrating it that took place on the morning of May 2nd. (Last week was finals week, so I was really busy, but I'm finally home now!)


Dan and I were out on a walk with our friend Trevor on Sunday night/Monday morning. At 1am when we were on our way back home, walking up Tremont Street coming from the South End, we saw a ton of college students (I'm guessing mostly from BU and Emerson) all marching towards the Common, so we decided to tag along with them. We followed them through the Public Garden and into the Common, where everyone gathered around the bandstand and started celebrating and chanting. Cheers such as "Yes we did!" and "Fuck Osama!" along with the national anthem were all sung throughout the night. 


Police kept a close eye on the crowd and were stationed along the edges of the park to make sure the crowd didn't get too out of hand, which it fortunately didn't. The rally was actually pretty short overall, only lasting about an hour and a half. We arrived with the crowd at around 1am and everyone dispersed at about 2:30am. 


So that's my firsthand account of that interesting night. Check out some of the photos I took of the crowd.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...